How We Work
How We Work
The best way to ensure a sucessful outcome, is to work with a company with a provem track record success, that hires the very best talent and that has proper, independently audited, software engineering standards is the best way to ensure a successful outcome. When you hire SageKey, you get these skills and over 15 years of experience with 600+ projects.
We’ve spent over 15 years learning how to make software projects successful and to date we have not failed in a single project. Three factors have influenced our success: We are upfront and honest about whether the project fits well with our skill sets, Our people are tenacious about finding technical solutions and creating quality results and We hire talented developers who are good with people and build quality relationships with our clients.
With over 600 projects, over 15 years of experience and satisfied customers in multiple countries we have continuously refined how we work and know how to sucessfully create software. Our success formula includes:
- We use small teams of experienced, talented developers – A top tier developer can produce 10 times that of a junior.
- There is a high degree of interaction between the development team, our client and their end users.
- We use an interactive development style that gets working prototypes into end users hands and allows the result to evolve – Allowing the development process to be a journey to discover the true needs of the end users.
- There is a strong foundation of quality engineering practices unencumbered by bureaucracy.
- We start our projects with a detailed discovery phase.
- We avoid fixed price contracts. We estimate the project cost after the design phase and bill for our work by the hour. In our experience, fixed price contracts inherently create adversarial relationships which lead to mediocre results.
- We are direct and upfront about how well a project fits with our skill sets.