Search | Active Topics

a few questions before updating from Wise Options
DieterL
Posted: Tuesday, February 08, 2011 4:18:26 AM
Groups: Member

Hi,
we are using your scripts for Access with Wise since the Access97 Version.
Now I see, that you have changed from Wise to a native Wizard that creates a msi.
Before I update I have a few questions.
Is it possible to integrate the Office Service-Packs to the runtime Setup?
Can I create setups in German with German Runtime of Access?
We are using self developed .Net dll (Com Interop) with our Applications. Can we integrate these components and the regasm command in the Setup?
Are you supporting setups on Terminal-Servers and Citrix?
Is the only support a registered user gets for free the support in this forums?

Tanks for answering
Dieter
ColeS
Posted: Thursday, February 10, 2011 10:17:43 AM

Groups: Administration , Member

Are you still developing in Access 97?
Our current products are designed for Access 2002, 2003, 2007 or 2010 databases.
If you are developing in one of those versions, (I would assume below Access 2007 if you are interested in Jet) then you can certainly include jet service packs with the installation package.
Changing the language of the dialogs is possible, though it is not a small undertaking. It required MSI based edits to the template file. This is done through an MSI editor such as Orca, and is a find and replace process.
You certainly can include a German version of the runtime.
Support files such as OCXs and DLLs can be added and registered by the installation package.
You can call additional EXEs that you have loaded or exist on the system as well.
While we do not develop around Terminal Services and Citrix, we've had many users report success in those environments.
DieterL
Posted: Wednesday, February 16, 2011 1:41:42 AM
Groups: Member

ColeS wrote:
Are you still developing in Access 97?

Aktual we are deploying A2003. We are planning to deploy A2010.
ColeS wrote:
Changing the language of the dialogs is possible, though it is not a small undertaking. It required MSI based edits to the template file. This is done through an MSI editor such as Orca, and is a find and replace process.

I am not sure that you understand what I mean. I mean the Dialog boxes from the setup I created with your Wizard.
Or did you really mean that I need a product like Orca and edit the msi-file to create setups in other languages then english?
ColeS wrote:

While we do not develop around Terminal Services and Citrix, we've had many users report success in those environments.

In the past you (sagekey) supported me also for setups on Terminalservers an Citrix. But your upstanding statement sounds like there is no more offical support for Terminal Services?
ColeS
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 1:48:02 PM

Groups: Administration , Member

Yes, to change the language of the setup dialogs you would need to edit the template msi with a tool like Orca.

We do offer support around terminalserver and citrix, though we have never developed directly for those environments. Nothing has changed in how it works, and we do continue to provide support.