Search | Active Topics

Access 2010 Runtime SP1 Options
BillK
Posted: Monday, October 17, 2011 3:21:06 AM
Groups: Member

Im coming across a bit of a problem and unsure where im going wrong at the moment, just wondering if you guys could help.

I developed our access application in a 32 bit machine in Access 2010 with service pack 1 installed to overcome the problem with exporting stuff to excel which service pack 1 is supposed to fix.

However Im unsure whether the runtime I installed ( http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=10910 ) will include service pack 1.. I would presume not because it doesnt state so. Is there an Access 2010 runtime available which you could link me to which automatically includes service pack 1, or do I need to update the runtime manually after I install??

The problem Im having is that everytime I open up a compiled access app after it has been installed is that it gets decompiled for some reason and things start running slow. However im unsure whether its due to the runtime version mismatch or the fact that im trying to run a 32bit developed app on a 64bit machine. I would presume its the latter but would still like to know about the service pack 1 runtime stuff anyway.

Many Thanks.
BillK
Posted: Tuesday, October 18, 2011 3:11:57 AM

I've kind of solved this. It seems like the runtime version I had included with my install was uncompiling our applications because it wasnt the same version as access 2010 that I was developing in.

However when I tried to apply SP1 to the runtime on the test machine manually it was saying there were no products installed to apply it against. Not sure why it said that, so in the end I had to uninstall office 2010 from my dev machine and re-install it, without installing any service packs or updates to office, and now the version is the same as the runtime I am not getting the problem.

So I guess I have to wait until Microsoft release a runtime version of Access 2010 with SP1 already installed before I can use SP1.
JayJ
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2012 11:04:35 AM

Same issue here. Really messes with MDE distribution.

Any updates on this issue?

BillK
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2012 6:43:51 AM

There is now an option in the app to "Include SP1 Update with Access Runtime" - Im not sure if this fixes the issue as haven't tested it myself, but next time I need to do a release I will try it out and fingers crossed it does.
ColeS
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2012 9:50:31 AM

Groups: Administration , Member

You're right the Wizard can now add the SP1 patch to the Access 2010 runtime.

To have the SP1 patch loaded you need to download the patch file from Microsoft (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26601)
The file accessruntime2010sp1-kb2460015-x86-fullfile-en-us.exe needs to be in C:\Program Files\Sagekey Software\Access 2010 Deployment Wizard\Support Files or C:\Program Files (x86)\Sagekey Software\Access 2010 Deployment Wizard\Support Files if you system is 64 bit.

Once that file is in place you can use the checkbox to include the patch with your install package.