Search | Active Topics

Office 2007 Trial doesn't allow access 2007 runtime to work properly Options
AndyC
Posted: Friday, October 09, 2009 2:14:13 PM
Groups: Member

Here's my last one for today, it's an older issue that I was asked to post here:

Problem: "I have been looking for a database driven quoting and invoicing solution for my business. Your product looks very interesting and I just downloaded and installed your exe file, however I am getting an error message stating “The database is in an unrecognized format”."

Resolution: I noticed I had an Office 2007 trial in my add/remove programs list, so I uninstalled the Office 07 trial, installed the Access run time file directly, and it worked.. thanks for the help. (Was going to un-install the trial anyway as I already have 2002 which is working fine for my needs)

Follow-up / suggestion: Is there any way the install script can check for a trial version of office 2007? My guess is the sagekey script runs the access2007runtime in silent mode, so no errors are reported. If we knew they had a trial, maybe we could put up a better message in the install script.

Many thanks,

Andy

ColeS
Posted: Friday, October 09, 2009 2:24:43 PM

Groups: Administration , Member

Hi Andy,

That office trial can be a pain for sure. If you knew its product code you could check for it on install, though it may be the same as the full version.
I don't see a change to the Wise scripts in the future as we are now focusing on the Access Deployment Wizard. I will look into it for the Wizard though.