Search | Active Topics

Installing Publisher 2007 breaks access 2007 runtime app Options
AndyC
Posted: Friday, October 09, 2009 2:09:14 PM
Groups: Member

Here's another one from today:

Andy,

Kelly tried to install Publisher 2007 and in doing so installed Access 2007 as well. Now she is getting some errors(see attached) on only her computer when she tries to run the program. Any quick thoughts on a possible solution? I will be stopping by Kelly’s office on Monday morning I may just try reinstalling the software first.

3 errors report in the following order when double-clicking "Instant Quote Professional" on the desktop:

1) Microsoft Office Access has encountered a problem and needs to close...
2) The command line you used to start Microsoft Office Accesscontains an option that Microsoft Office Access doesn't recognize
3) The profile 'Instant' that you specified on the command line doesn't exist in the windows registry.

Thanks, All!

Andy
ColeS
Posted: Friday, October 09, 2009 2:27:13 PM

Groups: Administration , Member

Hi Andy,

A reinstall of your application is not a bad idea. From the sounds of the errors there could be something wrong with the shortcut or the registry key containing the shortcut information.
AndyC
Posted: Friday, October 09, 2009 3:06:41 PM
Groups: Member

Thanks for all the replies, Cole. I'm surprised that installing access 2007 or publisher 2007 would break the shortcut, however. I'm sure there's a lot at play here, however, such as which version of access was installed along with publisher 2007(full SP0 base version installed when user has 2007 runtime SP2, etc.). Still and all, the 2007 script is supposed to co-exist with all these sorts of things, unless it's a bug in microsoft's installer (access2007runtime.exe). If this is the case, even the new all in one installer sagekey has out would have troubles.

By the way, I do want to try the new installer you have, but noticed it also uses startaccess.exe. If I wanted to test the new installer, would it co-exist with my purchased 2007 runtime script for Wise?

Andy
ColeS
Posted: Friday, October 09, 2009 3:49:03 PM

Groups: Administration , Member

Hi Andy,

Good catch, we saw that a little late on release. We have since updated the Wizard to use StartAccess3_2007.exe so that there is a distinction between versions.