Search | Active Topics

This topic solved my problem
Start_Access2002.exe and Office 2007 problem Options
Mark
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 2:02:13 PM
Groups: Guest

I have an installation where my Access2002 MDE WISE/Sagekey (2.0.7) application is failing to start. Here are some clues

Window XP target

Office 2007 installed on target prior to my WISE install

No errors on install, desktop icon created

Double click on icon produces a no-op, no action or messages

Double click directly on my MDE causes an Access2007 security prompt. Bypassing the warning starts the MDE hosted by 2007 without error, however my application tries to open another MDE at one point without success.

I have other target machines with Office 2007 that don't exhibit this symptom

Any ideas? I reviewed the icon startup command line parameters for the desktop icon and there don't appear to be any errors.
ColeS
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 4:35:52 PM

Groups: Administration , Member

Hi Mark,

It sounds like something didn't get installed if nothing happens when you double click the shortcut.
Can you confirm that the Access 2002 runtime is on the machine and that StartAccess_2002.exe is installed in the common files directory under SageKey Software?

My first thought is that it seems like a machine specific error, and recommend uninstalling and reinsatlling.

Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 2:55:14 PM
Groups: Guest

I am having this same issue. I wound up referencing Access 2007 in the desktop icon (instead of StartAccess_2002) but this is problematic because it makes the application run extremely slow.

Any other ideas? We tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail.

Thanks,
Brian Martin

KenC
Posted: Friday, June 25, 2010 7:19:18 AM
Groups: Member

I guess this never got resolved.
I have the same problem.
Ken
ColeS
Posted: Friday, June 25, 2010 9:51:08 AM

If nothing happens when double clicking the shortcut to StartAccess, it usually indicates an issue with the license file.
If the .lic file is either not the correct one for the database it is opening or is not present then the application will not open.
KenC
Posted: Friday, June 25, 2010 12:53:02 PM

Cole, can you tell me what the .lic file is and where is it located? Still using Wise scripts for this problem.
Also another quick question. I need to write a registry key (Using Access 2002 Wizard Pro Version 3.0.36), that tells me where they installed the data file. I let them install it anywhere. Is that a problem?

Thanks,
Ken
PeterD
Posted: Friday, July 16, 2010 1:01:13 AM

I'm having the same issue simultaneously on my computer and on my client's computers, 4 or 5 of them. Suddenly they all cannot open the application using StartAccess3_2007.exe

This is an .accdb file, on Vista and XP computers. Access 2007.

If this is a problem with the .lic file, does that mean there is some kind of date criteria in that file that shuts down the application after a certain number of days?

Here's the information in the .lic file:

‰L3GnWbpwG4kn†FGXULgCŽW

Thanks,

Peter De Baets

PeterD
Posted: Friday, July 16, 2010 8:37:38 AM

I've replaced the .accdb file in the folder that the application starts from. I.e.: it is an updated version.

Will this cause a problem with the .lic file in the same folder? Is the .lic file tied to the .accdb file in some way that may prevent me from overlaying the .accdb file?

Thanks,

Peter De Baets
ColeS
Posted: Friday, July 16, 2010 9:34:44 AM

It is intended that if you replace the accde/accdb file, that you also replace the related .lic file.

This will all become old news though as in our upcoming (about a week) release we have reworked the licensing and no longer use or create the .lic files. In the mean time the .lic file must be up to date with the database.
PeterD
Posted: Friday, July 16, 2010 12:10:45 PM

ColeS, thanks for your response. this really solves a mystery as to why the application wasn't opening.

When you say the .lic file must be "up to date" with the database, what exactly does that mean?

If I am going to replace the .accdb/.accde file at my customer's site with an updated version, what triggers incompatibility with the existing .lic file? It seems a compact and repair of the .accdb/.accde file does not harm the relationship, even though that process deletes and re-creates the .accdb/.accde file.

Looking forward to the new release,

Peter De Baets
PeterD
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 1:04:25 AM

ColeS,

I was just wondering if the reworked licensing for the new version will support replacing the application .accdb on the workstation without shutting down as in the current version.

My client's application is constantly undergoing modifications and the easiest way for me to handle this is to replace a master copy of the .accdb front-end file on the server with newer versions. This newer version is detected by the workstations and automatically downloaded to them. This process replaces the .accdb file in the folder that the SageKey install created and is opened with start_access2007. This apparently breaks the installation/license in the current version and prevents the db from opening.

Will it also break in the new version of SageKey?

Peter De Baets
ColeS
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 1:26:06 PM

Hi Peter,

If I follow your process correctly (basically just the frontend gets updated) then this will not break in the new version.