Search | Active Topics

MS Access 2003 causing problems with Sagekey ART2002 Options
RobertB
Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 9:26:36 AM
Groups: Member

I have an application using your Access Runtime 2002.

I am having some of my users report strange dll related errors when they have MS Office Pro 2003 (with full version of MS Access 2003. This happens on both Windows XP and Windows Vista.

I am not getting the error on my development system. It is only happening with users who have Office 2003 PRO.

Specifically I am getting reports of ERROR 2467 on a form that works flawlessly on other installations and on systems without Office 2003 Pro.

I created a test virtual machine with Office 2003 pro installed and windowx XP SP3. I get the error only on the very first time I launch the application. On the second and further launches the error no longer occurs.

This is a very strange and troubling situation for me.

I am hopeing somebody could give me some advice on how to begin to troubleshoot this problem.

-Best Regards,

Robert Bellas
ProMinent Fluid Controls

ColeS
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2009 2:49:59 PM

Groups: Administration , Member

Hi Robert,

I've moved this post to the Access User Group section as it is not a Wise specific concern.

I recommend checking if any of your included files (DLLs OCXs etc) have dependent files that are not getting installed.

You may want to check if your users have a different service pack level to their Office 2003 than you do. If theirs is different it may have an newer or older version of a file that you are dependent on.