Search | Active Topics

scrrun.dll Options
BillJ
Posted: Saturday, April 23, 2011 5:57:05 AM
Groups: Member

When the Access Deploymment wizard does a reference scan, it returns a reference to scrrun.dll which is the Windows scripting runtime. I have checked the web and found that this file is installed by default in Windows XP. I have also checked that this file is present on a brand new Windows 7 computer.

Does anyone know for sure if I safely exclude this dll from my install package? If it is present in every version of Windows, why does the Deployment Wizard flag it as needing to be installed? (Other dlls are excluded by the reference scan.)
ColeS
Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 2:38:07 PM

Groups: Administration , Member

Hi Bill,

Yes it is safe to not include the scrrun.dll.
The Wizard picks it up in many applications as it is a support file, but as you say it is present on current machines.

I'll see if we can make the Wizard's reference check exclude this in the future.
VictorM
Posted: Thursday, October 11, 2012 7:50:53 AM
Groups: Member

ColeS wrote:
Hi Bill,

Yes it is safe to not include the scrrun.dll.
The Wizard picks it up in many applications as it is a support file, but as you say it is present on current machines.

I'll see if we can make the Wizard's reference check exclude this in the future.

Cole,

Why aren't my scrrun.dll and another library not been able to install in the program files. I get the following error; error 1904. Setup cannot register module c:\MicromangoSoftware\Allena\eWebControl365.dll. If you click Cancel or Ignore, run Setup again and reinstall or repair your Office Installation."

When I remove this file from the sagekey packaging wizard and rebuild the distribution without it. The distribution installs without any errors.

Please, let me know how to debug this. It seems Windows XP is not allowing for registrations of references.

Thank you

V.