Search | Active Topics

32/64bit runtime question. Options
BillK
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 7:56:55 AM
Groups: Member

Hi,

I have packaged my app into one of your installers using the 32 bit run-time of Access 2010 and it works on both 32bit and 64bit machines as expected.

However I tried to package my app with the 64bit Access 2010 runtime to install on a 64bit machine and realised I would need to make revisions to our application code to get it to work as currently I get errors about profiles not existing in the Windows Registry and also errors compiling functions when it tries to run my autoexec function.

If we went down the road of just having one installer which installs our program and the 32bit version of Access Runtime, what would happen if a user already had Office 2010 (64bit) installed and tried to install our program, would love to test this out but dont have access to the resources at the moment to do so?

Is it advisable to have different installers for different office versions (and make those changes to my app code) or is just having one installer with one runtime version of access a safe bet ?