Search | Active Topics

Custom Toolbar causes Access 2007 to Quit Options
JosephA
Posted: Sunday, May 05, 2013 5:52:41 PM
Groups: Member

I'm using the SageKey Access 2007 Deployment wizard (lite I think) version 3.0.0.36.

I have an Access mdb which was created in Access 2003. I moved it to Access 2007 and it works fine. I used the splitter wizard to make a frontend/backend app (both mdbs). Works fine. I moved it back to Access 2003 to add a new command (linked table manager) to my Custom Toolbar since you can not edit the custom toolbar in Access 2007. I moved the app back to Access 2007 and all is fine. The new command in the custom toolbar works fine. I created an mde file for the front end. All works fine. I used the SageKey wizard to create an installer. The installer works fine. However when I run the installed app, it works fine including the custom toolbar except... when I click the menu that contains the new command, MSAccess Quits. The message is "Microsoft Office Access has stopped working". Small text explains that Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is found.

I installed the program again on another PC that is a clean windows 7 (no version of Office). I get the same error.

Thus on my development PC which has a full version of Access 2007 the mde file works fine, but on another PC which only has the runtime version of Access 2007 as installed by SageKey, the mde file works exept when I try and access the one menu (on my custom toolbar) that was changed.

Any clue how to fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joe
ColeS
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2013 1:11:07 PM

Groups: Administration , Member

Hi Joe,

I've heard of issues in Access 2007 where they act one way on the full version, and fail in the runtime. It is possible that the code for the new button is not working in the runtime.
I believe that this is the case for the linked table manager. I recommend looking into the linked tabel manager feature and confirming if it is available in the runtime.
JosephA
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2013 1:44:46 PM
Groups: Member

Cole... Thank you so much. As I've continued to investigate this problem it is truely the Linked Table Manager that breaks in the runtime version.

I'm in the process of importing screens & code from another app that uses a file picker screen & code to do the linking. I'm confident that will fix this.

I continue to be a big fan of your SageKey installer. I hope you continue developing it for Access 2013.
ColeS
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2013 9:26:44 AM

Groups: Administration , Member

Hi Joe,

Glad we found the problem and good luck with the fix.
We are working on a 2013 version but are waiting on Microsoft to release a 2013 runtime for us to work with. Once that is out it wont be long until our release follows.